Yes, this is my third post on mu guk, Korean radish soup. I promise it’s not all we eat. 🙂 As our lives have gotten busier I’ve been cooking less Korean food and we’ve missed it. So I’ve decided to try recipes in my slow cooker and see how they turn out. This one turned out great! I started with the recipe I posted a year or so ago but adjusted the cooking for the slow cooker. The radishes turned out perfectly tender and my family (including Korean exchange student) gave it a two-thumbs up.
1/2 or 1 Korean radish (daikon)
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
5 c. chicken broth
5 c. water
2-3 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. soup soy sauce (국간장)
1. Slice radish in squares about 1/2-inch thick.
2. Turn the slow cooker on high, and throw in the radish. Coat with the sesame oil.
3. Add in the minced garlic, broth, and water.
3. Lower the heat to low and cook for about 8 hours.
4. Before serving, stir in soup soy sauce and green onions.
Serve with rice and banchan.