* While playing in the third game in the 2010 World Cup Finals, the Republic of Korea (South Korean) team was the first team to experience victory. The first two games ended in ties. ROK beat Greece 2-0.
* Park Ji-Sung is the first South Korean player to score a goal in three consecutive World Cup finals.
* South Korea’s best finish in the World Cup was in 2002 when they made it to the semifinals and finished in fourth place. That World Cup was cohosted by Korea and Japan.
* 2010 marks the first time South Korea has advanced to the round of 16 when the World Cup is held outside their own country.
* First qualified for the World Cup in 1954, then didn’t qualify again until 1986.
* Has qualified for every World Cup since 1990.
* Player Cha Du-Ri was born in Germany while his father, Cha Bum-Kun, was playing with a German professional team.
* Cha Bum-Kun is the all-time leading scorer for the South Korean national team, with 55 goals in his career. He is considered by many to the be the best Asian football player of all time.